2014年4月22日 星期二

Shared folders will not mount after 3.10 update

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=283645

Q:
I installed the VirtualBox-4.3.10-93012-Win.exe update today.

My Ubuntu VM booted OK and worked normally, but then I got the prompt to update the guest additions. After doing that and rebooting I cannot mount shared folders. I get this error:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /home/richard/Xdata,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so

and in dmesg I see 
sf_read_super_aux err=-22
I tried recreating the shared folder but it made no difference.



A:

Debian based machines seem to have changed the location of the install, pointing to location that does not exist.

Look at /sbin/mount.vboxsf and see if the link is broken, and see if the Guest additions are installed in /opt, and if so see below.

The work-a-round is to run the following in a terminal on the guest.

CODE: SELECT ALL   EXPAND VIEW
sudo ln -s /opt/VBoxGuestAdditions-4.3.10/lib/VBoxGuestAdditions \
/usr/lib/VBoxGuestAdditions

沒有留言: